The Patrician Palace Rigo belonged to the Rigo family, original nobility of Novigrad (having carried the comital title since 1743). For centuries its members held the most important public offices in the city. As authentic representatives of the city nobility, in 1770 they financed the building of a new, representative town palace. This building is a fine example of 'Central European Baroque' which reached the Istrian coastland via the Theresian Trieste. Today, on the ground floor of the palace there is the Rigo Gallery, established exhibition space of contemporary art.